TRIO Student Support Services helps you reach your college goals.
Here's a few cool things TRIO students get so they can make the most of your time at SCC:
- Jump Start orientation program
- First Year Experience and Second Year Experience workshops
- Academic advising & registration
- Financial aid & scholarship assistance
- College visits & transfer advising
- Career exploration & planning
- TRIO-only computer lab
- Help finding tutoring resources
- Test-taking & study skills help
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) rocks because:
- We're here for YOU
Work with staff in a one-on-one setting and get to know them on a first name basis.
We help you perform
Set specific, measurable academic goals designed with just you in mind.
We help you figure out college
Get help with the boring stuff like financial aid forms and applications to colleges. Get free tutoring services and attend workshops and meet all sorts of guest speakers.
Our students get better grades, they transfer, and the GRADUATE!
TRIO SSS students get better grades, are more likely to achieve their educational goals, and graduate with their BA than similar students who aren't in the program.
How do I qualify?
- A United States citizen or permanent resident?
- Enrolled in credit classes?
- Planning to transfer to another college after SCC to get your BA?
- Looking for ways to make the most of college?
Oh, and how about:
- You're a first-generation college student (neither parent has a BA degree)
- You meet Federal income guidelines
- You've got a documented physical or learning disability
Then TRIO could be for you!
West Burlington Campus