Here's a few cool things TRIO students get so they can make the most of their time at SCC:
- Smart Start Orientation Day
- Topic Specific Success Workshops
- Academic advising & registration
- Financial aid & scholarship assistance
- College visits & transfer advising
- Career exploration & planning
- TRIO-only computer lab
- Help finding tutoring resources
- Test-taking & study skills help
TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS) rocks because:
- We're here for YOU
Work with staff in a one-on-one setting and get to know them on a first name basis.
We help you perform
Set specific, measurable academic goals designed with just you in mind. Opportunities for students to develop and build Leadership skills to grow both academically and outside of college.
We help you figure out college
Get help with the boring stuff like financial aid forms and applications to colleges. Meet and build relationships with other students - who are pursuing their college and career dreams just like you - in TRIO SSS activities.
Our students get better grades, they transfer, and the GRADUATE!
TRIO SSS students get better grades, are more likely to achieve their educational goals, and graduate with their BA than similar students who aren't in the program.
How do I qualify?
- A United States citizen or permanent resident?
- Enrolled in credit classes?
- Planning to transfer to another college after SCC to get your BA?
- Looking for ways to make the most of college?
Oh, and how about:
- You're a first-generation college student (neither parent has a BA degree)
- You meet Federal income guidelines
- You've got a documented physical or learning disability
Then TRIO could be for you!
West Burlington Campus