Info Tech Help Desk
The Help Desk is here to assist the faculty, staff and students at Southeastern Community College with a single point of contact for all technical problems and requests concerning college computers, email accounts, network resources and information systems (Datatel).
Before calling the Help Desk, please try this:
- Reboot your machine and try again.
- After rebooting, see if you can replicate the problem.
- Even computers can get confused at times.
- Write down the exact wording of any error messages.
- Have information regarding your computer and software handy.
- For non-technical issues, please contact the college operator at (319) 752-2731.
When to contact the Help Desk:
- Software doesn't work now but it did
- Can't access your email? try this
- Computer won't turn on
- Need to add a new software program
- Can't get connected to the network
|Help Desk Hours
Monday - Friday
7 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Leave the following information when calling the Help Desk:
- Your first and last name.
- The location of the problem.
- Your phone number or alternate means of contact.
- The type of equipment with the problem (printer, scanner, monitor, etc…) and its model.
- A clear and specific description of the problem or request. Include the exact wording of any error messages.
- The version, if any, of the software program in which you are experiencing difficulty with.
- Let us know if anything on your computer has changed.
- Has any new software/hardware been installed/removed?
- Has the computer been out for repair? Has anyone been over to fix any other computer related problem?
How does the Help Desk work?
- You place a call/email to the Help Desk explaining the problem or request relating to any college computer, email account, network resource or information system (Legacy, Datatel).
- The Help Desk will enter the information into the database to create a "Ticket". You, the client, will receive an email at this time confirming the Ticket information.
- Your request(s) will now be readily accessible by all SCC IT/MM Team members and processed accordingly.
Depending on the nature of the problem, you may be asked a series of additional questions.
Detailed information provided by the user will expedite the problem resolution process. After your call is logged, you will receive an email confirmation with a partial description of the problem. We are only able to support College owned equipment that is located in a SCC facility.
|Formerly Norton Anti-Virus|
|McAfee Antiv-Virus website|
|Home of Mozilla Firefox|