We're glad you're interested in applying to SCC. Complete this checklist and you'll be a Blackhawk in no time!
- Complete the Application.
- Send us a transcript of your final high school or HSED (formerly known as GED) along with any other college you've attended.
- Apply for financial aid by filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA helps determine your eligibility for Pell grants, SEOG, state grants, college work-study programs and student loans.
- Complete placement testing (COMPASS) or provide ACT scores that have been taken within the last two years. Students must also complete an e-Write writing sample. Need to take the COMPASS or e-Write? Click here to learn how.
- Complete the online orientation session before the start of your first semester.
Once you've gone through these steps, you'll be ready to register.
There are three ways you may choose to register. It is recommended that first-time students register in-person with one of our Enrollment Specialists.
- Online via your student Hawknet page (click here for log-in instructions)
- In person with an Enrollment Specialist
- Via e-mail with an Enrollment Specialist
Contact an Enrollment Specialist.
(319) 752-2731 ext. 5010
(319) 524-3221 ext. 1923
Jodi Cook | English instructor
Before I started taking classes at SCC, I spent years working in retail. I knew I didn’t want to do that anymore and so I kept reaching for something to do. I decided to enroll at SCC, and when my...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at 866-SCC-IOWA.