The Iowa SBDC provides free one-on-one confidential business consulting by trained staff professionals. The SBDC offers counseling on a broad list of topics including, but not limited to:
- Start Up Issues
- Writing a Business Plan
- Financial Feasibility Analysis
- Loan Application Process
- Licensing and Permits
- Market Research, FREE to SBDC clients
- Hiring and Managing Employees
- Financial Management and Bookkeeping
- Legal and Tax issues
- Home-based Business Opportunities
- Business Succession Planning
- Iowa Microloan and TSB applications
The Iowa SBDC provides FREE Market Research Services to all their clients. Market Research can help you, the business owner, with customer acquisition, industry analysis, trend analysis, and market anaylsis.
The Southeastern SBDC has an abundance of free resources for small business owners such as the following;
- Smart Start, a free, two hour workshop on the basics of starting a business. Classes are held quarterly around the region. Check the Options Catalog or SBDC Training Tab for a current listing of classes.
- Free workshops on topical areas such as Marketing, Cash Flow, and Business Succession.
- Resource Library featuring books on writing a business plan, marketing, accounting, and a guide to hiring employees.
- Business Plan Template to help you write your business plan. Email counselor below to request the template.
Counselors are available by appointment. Call 319-208-5381 or email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.