Student Success Advocates
How can a Student Success Advocate help me?
A Student Success Advocate helps students at SCC be successful in their academic program. We offer services in the Student Support Centers to students in West Burlington and Keokuk. Your Student Success Advocate can help with testing, disability services/accommodations, and retention services.
Why meet with an advocate?
- Register with an Advocate to receive assistance
- Develop an individual plan for services that will include accommodations in testing and instruction
- The Advocate will work in partnership with the student and faculty
- Provide resources for various testing, for example: ALEKS, Accuplacer, CLEP, Pesticide, Online, Make-Up, and Keyboarding
- Remediation: one on one recommendations on remedial course work
- Retesting Strategies
- Technology: Smarthinking, TextHelp-Read and Write Gold, Khan Academy, Turn it In, Live Text, Ecollege and many more
- Academic coaching and transfer assistance
- Assistance addressing social and personal challenges while attending SCC
- Provide Community Resources and Referrals
- Advocate for student success
How can I reach a student advocate?
(319) 208-5167 - West Burlington Campus
(319) 313-1985 - Keokuk Campus
Marty Jacobs | Construction Management
I was the first person in my family to get a college degree. It meant a lot to me and my family. I just did what I enjoyed and took the classes that worked for me. That’s how I earned a degree in Construction...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.