Student Success Advocates
How can a Student Success Advocate help me?
A Student Success Advocate helps students at SCC be successful in their academic program. We offer services in the Student Support Centers to students in West Burlington and Keokuk. Your Student Success Advocate can help with testing, disability services/accommodations, and retention services.
Why meet with an advocate?
- Register with an Advocate to receive assistance
- Develop an individual plan for services that will include accommodations in testing and instruction
- The Advocate will work in partnership with the student and faculty
- Provide resources for various testing, for example: ALEKS, Accuplacer, CLEP, Pesticide, Online, Make-Up, and Keyboarding
- Remediation: one on one recommendations on remedial course work
- Retesting Strategies
- Technology: Smarthinking, TextHelp-Read and Write Gold, Khan Academy, Turn it In, Live Text, Ecollege and many more
- Academic coaching and transfer assistance
- Assistance addressing social and personal challenges while attending SCC
- Provide Community Resources and Referrals
- Advocate for student success
How can I reach a student advocate?
(319) 208-5167 - West Burlington Campus
(319) 313-1985 - Keokuk Campus
Greg Smith | Principal, Fort Madison High School
From the time I went to SCC in 1985 to my job as principal, I knew that SCC was a vital part of our community.
SCC made a huge impact in my life back then and now it makes a huge impact in th...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at 866-SCC-IOWA.