TRIO Student Support Services
One step to success in college is to make a connection and feel part of a community. TRIO SSS provides support and services to help 250 students achieve and complete their Southeastern Community College Degree and transfer to a 4 year college or university to complete a Bachelor's Degree.
Southeastern Community College TRIO SSS is a $409,057.00 Federally funded 2019-2020 grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
Why TRIO Student Support Services (TRIO SSS)?
Here's a few cool things TRIO SSS students get so they can make the most of their time at SCC:
- New Student Orientation
- Academic Advising & Registration
- Career Exploration & Planning
- College Visits & Transfer Advising
- Financial Aid & Scholarship Assistance
- Help finding tutoring resources
- Leadership Skill Building
- Success Workshops
- Test-taking & Study Skills help
- TRIO SSS-only computer labs
- TRIO SSS Grant Aid
TRIO Student Support Services rocks because:
- We're here for YOU!
Work with an advisor in a one-on-one setting and get to know them on a first name basis.
We help you perform
Set specific and measurable academic goals designed with just you in mind. TRIO SSS offers students opportunities to develop and build leadership skills to grow both academically and outside of college.
We help you figure out college
Get help with financial aid forms and applications to colleges. Meet and build relationships with other students - who are pursuing their college and career dreams just like you - in TRIO SSS activities.
Our students get better grades, they transfer, and they GRADUATE!
TRIO SSS students get better grades, are more likely to achieve their educational goals, and graduate with their BA than similar students who aren't in the program.
How do I qualify?
- A United States citizen or permanent resident?
- Enrolled in credit classes?
- Planning to transfer to another college after SCC to get your Bachelor's Degree?
- Looking for ways to make the most of college?
Oh, and how about:
- You're a first-generation college student (neither parent has a BA degree)
- You meet Federal income guidelines
- You have a documented physical or learning disability
Then TRIO Student Support Services could be for you!
Want to Join?
Stop by our office at the West Burlington or Keokuk Campus to learn more and to apply
West Burlington Campus
|Room 213||Room 206|
|(319) 208-5158||(319) 313-1998|
For more information on our program and our support click on the logo's below.