Transferring to SCC

student with microscope - here is the way

Transferring from another college or university? Discover the next steps in your process.

Sometimes, the path to your degree isn't a straight line. Things happen. You don't like your major. The college isn't the right fit. Family situations change.

That's ok. SCC is here for you.

Whether you just need a handful of classes to graduate with your associate's degree, you need to switch gears, or you just want to pursue a different path altogether, we got you.

Steps for transfer students are pretty much the same as for any new student. It all starts with the application.

Apply to SCC

Take our virtual tour

Virtual Tour

Transfer student FAQ

Will transferring impact my financial aid?

If you've got questions about how transfer will impact your financial aid or if you want to see what's available at SCC to help you out, connect with our Financial Aid Office.

Am I eligible for scholarships?

The SCC Foundation offers hundreds of scholarships every year. Apply once and the right scholarship will find you. 

Learn more about SCC Foundation scholarships.

Will my credits transfer?

If you have credits from an accredited college or university, you can probably transfer them to SCC. It starts with sending us your official transcript from any colleges you have attended. Once we receive your transcript, we'll look it over and let you know which classes transfer.

Learn more about military credits.

Credit will be granted for courses taken at other regionally accredited institutions in which you have earned a grade of "C" (2.00 on a 4.00 point scale) or better. Credit will also be awarded for courses in which a grade of "D" has been earned, providing your overall grade point average from the transferring institution is "C" or better. Career education credit from other regionally accredited schools may be applicable to the SCC Associate of Arts and Associate of Science degrees.

Mail your official transcript to:

Southeastern Community College
Attn: Registrar Office
1500 W Agency Rd
West Burlington, IA 52655

Need more info? Connect with us.

West Burlington Campus Admissions
Call: (319) 208-5155
Text: (319) 250-7144
Fax: (319) 758-6725

Keokuk Campus Admissions
Call: (319) 313-1923
Text: (319) 220-3266
Fax: (319) 524-8621