SCC New Student Online Orientation
Welcome to SCC's New Student Orientation!
We are pleased that you have decided to attend Southeastern Community College.
This orientation is covered over a number of pages to help you digest information in smaller amounts and allows for sections to be reviewed again. Whether you are taking one class, or plan to be a full-time degree seeking student, this information applies to you.
This online orientation will help you learn more about:
- Academics & required college placement tests
- Paying for your education
- Financial Aid
- Student Support Center and registration
- Technology at SCC (Email account & Hawknet)
- Resources you might need as a student (including getting your books)
- Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
In each of the sections below, there is a "Back to" button and a "Next" button to help navigate your way. At the end of each section is a mini quiz. The mini quizzes are not graded or submitted. They are to help you remember key points for the full orientation quiz.
Steps to enroll
The following are required to have on file with the Admissions Office at Keokuk or West Burlington:
- Application for Admission
- Completion of this online orientation.
You will also want to submit official transcripts from your high school or GED/HiSet and any college(s) you've attended. Once you've completed these steps, you'll can register for classes with your student success advocate.
Before you know it, you will call SCC your college!