Southeastern Community College is a great place for international students to study!
Located in southeast Iowa, SCC hosts international students from about two dozen countries
Why study at SCC?
Southeastern Community College offers a high quality, affordable college experience with a variety of courses and academic programs. There’s something for everyone!
Take a Tour
Courses of Study
Students who need intensive English language instruction can start with our ESL courses.
If you are proficient in English, you may choose one of the many degree programs offered at SCC, including Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or our Career & Technical certificates, diplomas, and degrees.
Student Success Resources
We want you to have a great experience at SCC. Take advantage of our academic support services so you can be successful at college.
These services are free to students!
- The Student Support Center provides services for placement assessment, peer tutoring, and academic coaching.
- The Academic Achievement Center offers professional tutoring to help you build your English, writing, and math skills.
International students are required to live in student housing.
Take a look at the Blackhawk Tower. It features 4-person suites with 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, a living room and a kitchenette.
The first floor features a common area, which is a great place to hang out with friends, play games, study and grab a snack.
We are also conveniently located near retail stores, restaurants, and entertainment. Get around town using the Burlington Urban Service.
Learn more about our beautiful community and see everything the Greater Burlington area has to offer.
Easy Steps to Enroll for International Students:
- Complete the SCC application for admission. Contact Jessica Snowden at firstname.lastname@example.org for a PDF application.
- Submit official high school transcript and an official transcript from any college attended (English Translation required).
- SCC requires reading, English, and math placement assessment (Accuplacer, ALEKs and/or
ACT) and a writing sample (WritePlacer). Students who need to be assessed for English
language proficiency can take the Accuplacer ESL assessment.
If you have not completed placement assessment, you may do so when you arrive at SCC. View our Testing Calendar.
Note: The TOEFL is not required for admission to SCC.
- After we receive your application, we’ll send you either an Affidavit of Support (to
be completed by a sponsor) or a Declaration of Finances (to be completed by you or
your parent, if under age 18).
Students who are under 18 must also submit a letter of endorsement from parent/guardian or high school representative.
- Submit a clear, scanned copy of your passport identification page and visa page to email@example.com.
SCC will send an official letter of acceptance along with the FORM I-20, which you will take to a U.S. Embassy to obtain F-1 or M-1 visa status.
Send admissions documents by mail to:
International Programs Specialist
Southeastern Community College
1500 West Agency Road
West Burlington, IA 52655
Paying for College
See the chart below for an estimated breakdown of tuition and other costs of attendance at SCC:
|Tuition and fees
(one semester at 15 credit hours)
|Books and Supplies||$670|
|Room & Board
(19 meals per week)
|Total (one semester)||$9,150|
* Prices are subject to change. Costs to attend is based on International Student credit hour tuition and estimated student budgets.
We have partnered with Flywire to simplify the international payment process. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency.
By making your payment with Flywire you can:
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night
You can also pay your tuition and fees with US dollars through your Hawknet account or visit the Business Office.
Room and Board
International students are encouraged to live in student housing. Our campus housing is just steps from class and puts you right in the center of your college experience. Residence hall students also must purchase a meal plan for breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the Blackhawk Café.
To learn more about our housing and meal plans or to apply, visit Student Housing.
For more information about obtaining a student visa, contact Jessica Snowden at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advice from Graduates
Jimmy Wilson | Industrial Maintenance Technology AAS
The former company I worked for relocated. I wasn't sure what I was going to do until found out about the IMT Industrial Maintenance Technology program in Keokuk. It was close, it was convenient, and...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.