Education Benefits

  • Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill
  • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
  • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill - Selected Reserve
  • Chapter 1607 (REAP)
  • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
  • Chapter 32 Post-Vietnam Veteran's Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
  • Chapter 35 Survivor's & Dependents' Educational Assistance

When can I expect my Benefit payments?

Unless you are receiving the post-9/11 GI Bill, the funds are never sent to SCC. (If you are receiving Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits, then your benefits will be sent to SCC and the VA will be billed for your tuition and required books and supplies.) Checks are sent directly to the veteran or deposited directly into your bank account.

The earliest that you will receive your GI Bill payment will be one month after the semester begins. Therefore, it is important that you make arrangements to pay your tuition bill to Southeastern when it is due. If you have any questions or concerns about your tuition bill, please contact your VA certifying Official.

Iowa Army National Guard Education Benefits

National Guard Education Assistance Program (NGEAP)
May be used with the GI Bill and financial aid.

Federal Tuition Assistant Program (FTA)

Since the NGEAP is only available during the Fall and Spring terms, students who chose to enroll in summer classes, may choose to apply for the Federal Tuition Assistant Program. Students may apply here.

For this benefit, the student must already be registered for the summer term and have a copy of their bill and schedule with them before applying. In order to qualify, students must answer questions on the application about tuition cost and class information.

This funding can also be used with the NGEAP during the Fall and Spring terms.

Iowa National Guard Education Foundation Scholarship

Financially supported by the Iowa National Guard Officers Association. Apply once each year between May 1 thru August 31. Get an application at under scholarships.

Other funding resources

Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

To apply for federal aid for college, you must complete and submit a FAFSA application each year that you attend. The quickest way to apply is online using FAFSA on the Web at, beginning January 1 of each year.
Due Dates for Award periods are April 1 for the whole academic year and October 1 for spring terms.

Click here to explore other opportunities for funding aid.