- Chapter 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill® - Active Duty
- Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill® - Selected Reserve
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
- Chapter 32 Post-Vietnam Veteran's Educational Assistance Program (VEAP)
- Chapter 35 Survivor's & Dependents' Educational Assistance
- Forever GI Bill®
When can I expect my Benefit payments?
Unless you are receiving the post-9/11 GI Bill®, the funds are never sent to SCC. (If you are receiving Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits, then your benefits will be sent to SCC and the VA will be billed for your tuition and required books and supplies.) Checks are sent directly to the veteran or deposited directly into your bank account.
The earliest that you will receive your GI Bill® payment will be one month after the semester begins. Therefore, it is important that you make arrangements to pay your tuition bill to SCC when it is due. If you have any questions or concerns about your tuition bill, please contact your VA Certifying Official.
Iowa Army National Guard Education Benefits
National Guard Education Assistance Program (NGEAP)
May be used with the GI Bill® and financial aid.
- Apply each summer for the upcoming school year. Applications must be received before application deadline date (July 1 for Fall Award and December 1 for Spring Award) to be considered for an award.
- Apply at www.iowacollegeaid.gov under "I have a plan Iowa."
- For more information, visit www.iowanationalguard.com.
Federal Tuition Assistant Program (FTA)
Since the NGEAP is only available during the Fall and Spring terms, students who chose to enroll in summer classes may choose to apply for the Federal Tuition Assistant Program. Students may apply at https://www.goarmyed.com/.
For this benefit, the student must already be registered for the summer term and have a copy of their bill and schedule with them before applying. In order to qualify, students must answer questions on the application about tuition cost and class information.
This funding can also be used with the NGEAP during the Fall and Spring terms.
Iowa National Guard Education Foundation Scholarship
Financially supported by the Iowa National Guard Officers Association. Apply once each year between May 1 thru August 31. Get an application at www.iowanationalguard.com under scholarships.
The first step to receiving financial assistance is filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa . The priority deadline is March 1.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.