I know I am eligible for VA Benefits, but how do I know for which ones I am eligible?
If you are unsure of your VA Benefits, you may call the VA Education toll-free number 888-GI-BILL 1 (1-(888) 442-4551) or visit the VA Education website here.

How do I activate my VA Benefits?
To activate your VA Education Benefits, you must fill out VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits) and return it with a copy of your DD-214 or NOBE to Southeastern's VA Certifying Official. VA Form 22-1990 can be filed electronically through the Veteran Online Application (VONAPP). Please print a copy of this form before submitting and bring it along with a copy of your DD-214 or NOBE to the VA Certifying Official for their records.

If you are a Chapter 35 student, you must fill out VA Form 22-5490 which can also be found at the above website.

In order for your enrollment to be certified, you need to complete the Admissions process at Southeastern and pre-register for classes.

Will Military Credit count toward my degree?

Up to 16 credit hours of military credit can be applied as electives toward your Associate of Arts or Sciences degree. Military credit will be evaluated by the VA Certifying Official to determine if additional credit hours can be applied to your degree.

The Registrar will evaluate any college credit you received through an accredited institution while you were enlisted, or for prior education. An official transcript must be sent to the Registrar from the accredited institution.

Military Transcript

Access your military transcripts at https://jst.doded.mil/.

NOTE: Explorer works best with the VA websites

 GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.