Southeast Iowa Skills Throwdown
Think you got what it takes? Bring your A game to the Southeast Iowa Skills Throwdown! Compete against area students in Auto Tech, CAD, Construction, and Welding categories for top honors. Which high school will reign supreme?
Southeastern Community College - West Burlington
Deadline for team entry is April 4.
- Auto Tech Pit Crew Challenge: Test your practical pit skills, wheel alignment, and Scan Tool diagnostics. (four person teams)
- Computer Aided Design Autodesk Battle: Flex your 3D design muscles as you beat the clock to replicate actual parts. Includes a skills test. (individual competition)
- Construction Tech Blueprint Build-out: Complete a project with provided blueprints. (two-, three- or four-person teams)
- Machining Measurement & Re-Engineering (individual)
- Welding Tech Stick Skills Challenge: Read and follow blueprints to make finished pieces by stick welding. Points for proper welds and visual appearance of finished pieces. (individual competition)
- Prizes awarded for each competition
- Lunch and tees for all contestants
- Meet trades and industry reps
- Winning schools awarded recognition banner
Ask your teacher to contact Michelle Brown at (319) 208-5046 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean Vantiger | Nurse Practitioner
Sidelined by a knee injury, Dean knew his days in construction and carpentry were numbered. So he turned in his hammer for a stethoscope and enrolled in SCC's nursing program.
As a life-long farmer,...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.