READ CAREFULLY TO ENSURE YOU SUBMIT THE CORRECT SCHOLARSHIP FORM
The SCC Alumni Association offers a handful of scholarships to students who intend to continue their education after receiving a degree from SCC. These Transfer Scholarships can be used by graduating SCC students to pursue another degree at a different post-secondary institution. One of the scholarships, however, the SCC Distinguished Alumni $1000 Scholarship (awarded at each campus), can be used by SCC graduates to go to another college OR to return to SCC for another degree.
Two of the Transfer scholarships are funded through the SCC Foundation and are for highest GPA earners (Clint & Betty Dodds $500 West Burlington Campus Scholarship and Dr. Edward C. Stone STEM Scholarship ($ based on endowment earnings). Even though funded by the SCCAA, applicants MUST apply using the Transfer Application below to be considered for these two awards.
Winners of these scholarships are announced at the recipient's commencement/graduation.
Applications for Transfer scholarships are available only through the SCC Alumni Association application below, no matter the funding source. WHOA! Use the APPLY NOW button inserted directly below ONLY if you are GRADUATING FROM SCC! DEADLINE: APRIL 1
Sophomore/Second Year scholarships worth $500 are awarded to SCC students who have not yet completed a degree and who wish to continue their education at SCC (one recipient per campus). Applications for these Sophomore awards are available only through the SCC Foundation's online scholarship application, although they are funded by the SCC Alumni Association. Use the Apply Now button below. WAIT! Use the APPLY NOW button directly below ONLY if you are NOT GRADUATING and wish to continue for a second year at SCC! DEADLINE: MARCH 1
To be eligible for any of these scholarships, applicants must:
- Either complete degree requirements for an existing AA, AS or AAS degree from SCC (for TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIPS) OR be working toward degree completion at SCC (for SOPHOMORE/SECOND YEAR SCHOLARSHIPS)
- Intend to enroll at SCC (SCCAA Distinguished Alum award or SCCAA Soph award) or other accredited post-secondary institution (Dodd or Stone award) within three to six months of receiving the award
- Have a current FAFSA on file with the SCC Financial Aid office
- Successfully complete the appropriate online application within the stated deadline
- Provide at least one reference letter to be considered for either scholarship. For tips on writing scholarship application essays, click here.
Deadlines to apply:
For SCC Continuing Scholarships (SCC Sophomore/Second Year Scholarship): MARCH 1, 4:30 pm CST
For TRANSFER SCHOLARSHIPS (including if you are returning to SCC for ANOTHER Degree): APRIL 1, 4:30 PM CST
Contact the Office for Institutional Advancement, Becky Rump, Executive Director, at (319) 208-5065 or email email@example.com