1. Open your internet browser (Chrome, Firefox) and type: www.scciowa.edu
2. Click the "Hawknet/Email" in the upper right corner of the home page. This will open a new tab.
3. Type in your username: email@example.com
a. Username = first initial followed by middle initial and last name
b. MUST include the @scciowa.edu at end of your login name
4. Type in your password - if you have NOT previously changed your password, the default password for new students is:
First Initial, Last Initial (both capitalized), birth year (four digits), last four of your social security number, then *scc (lower case)
Example: For Tom Smith, born in 1999, with a social security ending in 6789 would be: TS19996789*scc
5. Click on "Sign in" button. (NOTE: After you first log in you will be prompted to
change your password. You will be required to have a password with a minimum of 12
characters, including a capital letter, lower case letter, number and special character.
The password also cannot contain your first or last name.)
Every SCC student has an account which we highly recommend you check. You can go to outlook.office.com/scciowa.edu and sign in with your SCC email and password to get to your email online. If going to your email through Hawknet, you will click the ‘New SCC Email’
This is located on the top row of the Hawknet home page under "Self Service."
Canvas Online Classes
This opens a separate browser window when selected.