The Southeast Iowa School To Career (STC) Partnership assists communities in the development of productive and responsible citizens who are prepared to enter & succeed in an ever-changing workplace.
- Develop partnerships at the regional level with K-12s, post-secondary institutions, AEA, business/industry/ labor, workforce and economic development, service agencies and governmental agencies: to collaborate to achieve the vision.
- Articulation/4+2 drawing boards and dual credit/Tech Prep efforts between high schools and post-secondary institutions: to create seamless transitions for students from high school into post-secondary education.
- Professional Development: necessary to provide tools to all partners to promote partnerships and to encourage the use of applied, contextual curriculum.
- Entrepreneurship Education
- Additional Support Activities
Des Moines County
The Future Workforce Committee is part of the Greater Burlington Partnership, Economic Development Division. This committee has sponsored a Educator Appreciation Breakfast, a 5th Grade Career Fair and Project C.A.P.E for area 8th graders.
The Henry County School to Career Consortium is part of Healthy Henry County Communities and works with all the Henry County School Districts. They have sponsored activities including Bring Your Work to School, Careers on Wheels, Adopt a School and Ethics Workshops.
The Keokuk Chamber Education Committee and Ft Madison Chamber provide support and opportunities for students and educators. Activities have included career fairs and and Ethical Decision Making workshop.
Southern Louisa County
This district supports their students with a variety of workplace readiness activities.
For more information, contact Monica Hinkle, Director of High School Relations (319) 208-5046, or e-mail email@example.com