High School Orientation
Welcome to SCC's New Student Orientation for High Schoolers!
We are pleased that you have decided to take Southeastern Community College courses while still in high school.
This orientation is covered over a number of pages to help you digest information in smaller amounts and allows for sections to be reviewed again. Whether you are taking a class at your high school, on our campuses, or online, this information applies to you.
This online orientation will help you learn more about:
- Required college placement tests (for English & math courses)
- Technology at SCC (Email account & Hawknet)
- Resources you might need as a student (including getting your books)
In each of the sections below, there is a "Back" button and a "Next" button to help navigate your way.
Steps to enroll
You must have the following on file with the Enrollment Services Office at Keokuk or West Burlington:
- Completion of the online application for concurrent enrollment.
- Placement scores: Accuplacer/ACT/SAT, ALEKS(Math) and Writeplacer taken within the last two years.
Once you've completed these steps, your school counselor will ask us to register you for class(es). Before you know it, you will call SCC your college!