Student Success Advocates
How can a Student Success Advocate help me?
Student Success Advocates help students at SCC be successful in their academic program. We offer services in the SuCCess Centers to students in West Burlington and Keokuk. Student Success Advocates can assist in testing, disability services/accommodations, peer tutoring, and retention services.
Why meet with an advocate?
Peer Tutoring Program
- Free help to students to manage difficult assignments, homework, and test preparation
- Leadership opportunities for tutors and you will get paid to tutor
- Register with an Advocate to receive assistance
- Develop an individual plan for services that will include accommodations in testing and instruction
- The Advocate will work in partnership with the student and faculty
- COMPASS, CLEP, Pesticide, Online, Make-Up, NCRC, PAN Testing, Keyboarding, Correspondence
- Remediation: one on one recommendations on remedial course work
- Retesting Strategies
- Technology: Smarthinking, TextHelp-Read and Write Gold, Khan Academy, Turn it In, Live Text, Ecollege and many more
- Academic coaching and transfer assistance
- Assistance addressing social and personal challenges while attending SCC
- Provide Community Resources and Referrals
- Advocate for student success
Who are the Advocates and how can I reach them?
(Room 206) in Keokuk
Sibyl McIntire firstname.lastname@example.org (319) 313-1972
Greg Smith | Principal, Fort Madison High School
From the time I went to SCC in 1985 to my job as principal, I knew that SCC was a vital part of our community.
SCC made a huge impact in my life back then and now it makes a huge impact in the...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.