Right to Know & FAQ

Federal regulations require us to provide you, our student, with specific consumer information. In order to share this with you in the most accessible manner.

Student's Right to Know

Please see our Consumer Information which is required by law for SCC to make available to the public regarding: 

  • Clery Act (campus safety)
  • Family Education Right to Privacy Act (FERPA)
  • Student Judicial Code
  • Drug-free, alcohol-free, and tobacco-free institution

I know Jeff doesn’t want links, but I think the four red items in this section have to be included. 


How do I register for class?

We recommend that you meet with a Student Success Advocate to discuss your academic plan. At that point, you may register for classes in person or through your student portal.

Watch for signs around campus, notices in the campus newspapers - MiSCC & The Voice, student portal announcements, and check your SCC email for registration dates and times. Remember, it is important to register early to get the classes and class times you want and need.

How do I send my SCC transcript to another college?

Transcript requests are made through the SCC web site. Simply click on Request a Transcript at the bottom of every webpage.

After reading the instructions, click on the green ORDER TRANSCRIPT(S) button and complete the form. There is a $6 fee for each transcript sent.

Will my SCC credits transfer to another college?

The transferability of credit earned in any course at the college is determined by the college to which you are transferring. Since SCC is a regionally-accredited school, transfer-level coursework is readily accepted by other institutions. However, be aware vocational and developmental classes may not transfer. For clarification, contact your Student Success Advocate. Many colleges and universities accept the AA degree as meeting all or most of their general education requirements. Students should check with their transfer institution regarding acceptance of the AA degree.

Visit our Transferring webpage for more info.

How do I get my student ID?

Pick up your student activity card (your ID) at the start of the semester at the Welcome Center (West Burlington) or Library (Keokuk). Use your activity card to attend SCC athletic events free of charge, access the computer lab, and to apply for your SCC Library Card.

Do I need a parking pass to park on campus?

No. Parking on campus is free. Plesae park in designated spaces only and pay attention to accessibility parking spaces, reserved parking spaces, and restricted areas.

When will I receive a tuition bill and when is it due?

Bills are delivered electronically. You will not receive a paper copy via mail. Your tuition statement is located on Self Service accessed through your Hawknet account.

Tuition is due prior to the start of your classes. Be sure to pay by the deadline to avoid automatic deregistration.

Last stop: Check for Understanding