Student Success Advocates
How can a Student Success Advocate help me?
Student Success Advocates help you stay in college and be successful. We're located in the Success Center in West Burlington and Keokuk. Student Success Advocates can help with testing, disability services & accommodations, tutoring, and retention services.
- Academic coaching and transfer assistance
- Help with personal challenges while attending SCC
- Community resources and referrals
- Advocate for student success
- Register with an Advocate to receive special assistance
- Develop an individual plan for services, including accommodations for testing and instruction
- Advocates work together with the student and faculty
- COMPASS, CLEP, Pesticide, Online, Make-Up, NCRC, PAN Testing, Keyboarding, Correspondence
- Remediation: one-on-one recommendations on remedial course work
- Re-testing Strategies
- Technology: Smarthinking, Text Help-Read and Write Gold, Khan Academy, Turn it In, Live Text, Ecollege and many more
Contact an advocate today.
Marty Jacobs | Construction Management
I was the first person in my family to get a college degree. It meant a lot to me and my family. I just did what I enjoyed and took the classes that worked for me. That’s how I earned a degree in C...More ›
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at 866-SCC-IOWA.