The SCC Alumni Association amended its bylaws to establish the first program chapter, the Nursing Alumni Chapter (SCCAANAC), in February 2007. Alumni Association staff invited more than 3,400 SCC Nursing alumni to the organizational meeting held in Fort Madison, Iowa on February 20, 2007. 35 nursing professionals attended where they elected officers, talked about the purpose, and set the date for the next meeting.
The organization meets monthly to "bring nurses of all ages together to benefit each other, the Nursing profession, and the community." These three primary objectives are education, socialization, and scholarship support.
- Short, timely practice updates for CEU's
- Educational support for mentoring current students and new graduates
- Reality Orientation for new graduates from experienced nurses
- Annual reunion at graduation/vespers time
- May include dinner, and tours of area health care providers, new or upgraded departments, and new technology
- Annual call for gifts for nursing scholarships for students and for faculty working to earn higher degrees
- Fundraisers to help support these and new scholarships.
Click here to join the Nursing Alumni Chapter. Note: There is no additional cost to join the SCCAANAC. Dues paid to join the Alumni Association are split with the Nursing Alumni Chapter.
If you know a Certified Nursing Assistant, a Practical Nurse or a Registered Nurse who graduated from Southeastern Community College, please share information with them about the SCC Alumni Association Nursing Alumni Chapter.
To stay informed on the Chapter's activities, go to www.sccnursingalumni.org.
Contact the SCC Alumni Office at (319) 208-5065 or email Becky Rump at email@example.com.
Denise Fraise | Lee County Auditor
By attending SCC I was able to prove to my son that you can go back to school when you are older. As a matter of fact, my son, my son-in-law and I all graduated the same night from SCC.
Schedule a Visit
Come see us!Wondering if SCC is right for you? Check out our campus and learn more about life at SCC.
Want to know more about our programs or transfer options? Ask us. Or give us a call at (319) 208-5000.