SCC - Mt Mercy University Education Transfer Program

Education degrees start at SCC.

Earn your teaching degree right here!

Through a special partnership between SCC and Mount Mercy University, you can do just that.

Mt Mercy University logo

Introducing the SCC-MMU 2+2 Teaching Program

With MMU's Elementary Education Teacher Licensure Program, students can transfer seamlessly to MMU once completing SCC's 2-year Education Transfer AA degree. 

Highlights include:

  • Complete your SCC degree and then earn your bachelor’s degree in two years
  • Take MMU classes face-to-face at SCC West Burlington
  • Learn from local education professionals
  • Enjoy hands-on learning at local schools and childcare centers
  • Choose from multiple endorsements: 
    • Early Childhood Education
    • Reading
    • Special Education

Get started in 3 easy steps!

  1. Apply to Mt Mercy  
  2. Go to your FAFSA and add MOUNT MERCY UNIVERSITY under the "school selection" for your  school year corrections. This will allow you to see how much financial aid you will qualify for. If you need help with your FAFSA or have questions about the program, contact Dylan Werner (
  3. Download your unofficial transcripts from Hawknet and email them to Dr. Jennifer Rasmussen ( to register for class. Don't wait, start soon for the best options!


Can I take classes part time?
Yes! Your student success advocate will assist in planning out your plan as guided by MMU.
When are classes offered?
They are offered Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00–7:50 PM.
Can I take classes as a high school student?
It is recommended to complete your general education classes or an exploratory class to see if an education degree is the right fit for you. Visit with your high school counselor and student advocate for guidance.
What endorsements can I choose from?
You can choose from several different endorsement areas whether you decide to teach elementary or secondary education. Review your options and see what you might want to pursue.
Can I enroll online in my SCC courses?
Yes. All of the ECE/EDU programs at SCC are available fully online.
Do I take my SCC courses and Mount Mercy courses at the same time?
No, you take the SCC courses for two years and then complete two years of Mount Mercy courses.
Do I have to go to MMU's campus for courses?
No, you can stay right here in Southeast Iowa. Classes will be held on SCC’s campus.
I don't live in West Burlington, What are my housing options?
You can live in a residence hall on the West Burlington campus while you earn your degree.

Have other questions? 

Mount Mercy University

Call: (319) 363-1323 ext. 8888

Contact Us

West Burlington Campus Admissions
Call: (319) 208-5155
Text: (319) 250-7144

Keokuk Campus Admissions
Call: (319) 313-1923
Text: (319) 220-3266

Schedule an Appointment