I know I am eligible for VA Benefits, but how do I know for which ones I am eligible?

If you are unsure of your VA Benefits, you may call the VA Education toll-free number 888-GI-BILL ((888) 442-4551) or visit the VA Education website here.

How do I activate my VA Benefits?

To activate your VA Education Benefits, you must fill out VA Form 22-1990 (Application for VA Education Benefits) at www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/.

If you are a Chapter 35 student, you must fill out VA Form 22-5490, also found at www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/

For your enrollment to be certified, you need to complete the admissions process at SCC and pre-register for classes. Once complete, let the VA Certifying Official at SCC know that you have registered.

Will Military Credit count toward my degree?

Up to 16 credit hours of military credit can be applied as electives toward your Associate of Arts or Sciences degree. Military credit will be evaluated by the VA Certifying Official to determine if additional credit hours can be applied to your degree. If you are pursuing an Associate of Applied Science degree, the VA Certifying Official will review the JST transcript on a course by course basis.

The Registrar will evaluate any college credit you received through an accredited institution while you were enlisted, or for prior education. An official transcript must be sent to the Registrar from the accredited institution.

Military Transcript

Access your military transcripts at https://jst.doded.mil/.

NOTE: Explorer works best with the VA websites

 GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.

Contact Us

West Burlington Campus
Dennis Marino
(319) 208-5022 

1500 West Agency Rd.
West Burlington, IA 52601

Keokuk Campus
Deanne Enderle
(319) 313-1927

335 Messenger Rd.
Keokuk, IA 52632