Personal Support

Every student is different and has unique needs.

Find out about all the support services available to help you succeed.

Is there on-campus childcare available?

West Burlington:

Kiddie Campus operates Monday through Friday from 6:30am to 6:00pm and is located inside the 100 Building of the West Burlington Campus of Southeastern Community College.

Infant - 2 Years Old
Full time only
Cost: $200 per week per child

3-5 Year Olds
Monday - Friday (min. 6 hours per day)
Cost: $190 per week per child

Part Time
Mon-Thurs half days, 5 hour max and a full day on Friday
Cost: $170 per child per week

Yearly registration fee: $40

We offer convenient billing and auto-draft payment options. Third-party and private pay are both accepted.  Those utilizing third-party pay must have state approval prior to enrollment.

SCC Student & Staff Discount
Students and Staff of Southeastern Community College (any campus) are eligible to receive a 10% discount to be applied to the total weekly tuition fee.

How to Get Started
Contact Director, Lindsey Koopmans at (319)753-6734 ext. 128 or via email at

Download flier


Visit the Student Services Office for childcare options.

Does SCC offer mental health counseling?

All SCC students have access to counseling sessions with licensed therapists and to on-demand crisis counseling at no cost.

How it works

To activate your account, visit Virtual Care and simply enter the following member information:

  1. Your last name
  2. Your date of birth
  3. School zip code (52655)


Visit Virtual Care

Does SCC have a food pantry?


The Blackhawk Open Cupboard provides essential food needs for SCC students.

Hours vary by volunteer availability. Also available by appointment.

For more information or access contact Douglas Patrick at (319) 208-5048 or

Does SCC offer work-study opportunities?


The Federal Work-Study Program at SCC provides qualified students with the opportunity to obtain part-time employment during the academic year.

Visit the Federal Work-Study page for more information.

Does SCC offer dining services?


Both the West Burlington and Keokuk campuses offer dining services to students, staff and visitors.

For more information, visit or food service page.

Does SCC offer a private personal needs room?

SCC has personal needs rooms available for anyone who needs a private room.

West Burlington campus: Room 160. Visit the Student Affairs Office to access.

Keokuk campus: Room 508. It is open to students.

What healthcare services available for students?

For emergencies dial 911

Southeast Iowa Regional Medical Center
1221 S. Gear Ave.
West Burlington, IA 52655
(319) 768-1000

Community Health Centers of Southeastern Iowa
1706 W Agency Rd.
West Burlington, IA 52655
(319) 768-5858

Great River Health - Outpatient Services Plaza
1321 S. Gear Ave.
West Burlington, IA 52655
(319) 768-4320

Great River Health - Keokuk Clinic
3285 Main St.
Keokuk, IA 52632
(319) 524-6274

Family Planning of Southeast Iowa by Great River Health
(319) 768-1225
10-6 Mon, Tues, Thurs; 1-5 Wed; 8-1 Fri 
Walk-ins welcome
801 S Roosevelt, Suite C
Burlington, IA 52601

Affordable reproductive health services. Comprehensive, confidential care including testing, treatment and health education. Well-woman and well-man examinations, Birth-control methods on site – pills, implants, IUDs, shots, spermicide and emergency contraception and free condoms, Pap smears and breast examinations, Sexually transmitted disease (STD) testing and treatment, Rapid HIV testing, Genital wart treatment, Urinary-tract and vaginal infection testing and treatment, Pregnancy testing, counseling and referral, Gardasil vaccinations. Preventive and reproductive health education.

Campus safety and security

Report emergencies and/or any suspicious or questionable activity to 911, or to Campus Security, (319) 759-1727 (on the West Burlington Campus only).

West Burlington Police Department
(319) 754-8555
122 Broadway St West Burlington, IA

Can provide assistance with requesting protection orders and no contact orders.

Keokuk Police Department
(319) 524-3132
1222 Johnson St Keokuk, IA

Can provide assistance with requesting protection orders and no contact orders.

Campus Security
Southeastern Community College Campus Security officers patrol the West Burlington campus, respond to emergencies and other calls for service, conduct traffic checks on campus, walk through the campus buildings, staff special events, and facilitate a variety of safety and security presentations.

For more information visit our Campus Safety page.

Blackhawks Be Safe Program

Through funding from the Department of Justice, Office on Violence Against Women, SCC has created the Blackhawks Be Safe Program comprised of on and off campus partners, working together to provide evidence-based programing to reduce sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, and stalking in our college community to create a safe learning and working environment.

Visit the Blackhawks Be Safe Program page for more information.

Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP)
Provides comprehensive domestic violence services. 24-hour crisis line, medical advocacy, legal advocacy, court advocacy support, individual counseling, referrals, protection orders, educational presentations, emergency cellular phones, domestic violence support group, sexual assault support group, child support group, pictures of injuries, agency training, volunteer and staff training.

Rape Victim Advocacy Program (RVAP)
(319) 335-6001
24-Hour Support, Advocacy & Referrals RVAP Crisis Line: 800-2281625 Iowa Sexual Abuse Hotline: 800-284-7821 Provides free, confidential, and trauma-informed services, healing, support, education and advocacy for victims to all persons affected by sexual violence.

SCC Title IX
Dave Haden, Dean of Students
Oversees all reports of sexual violence, relationship violence and stalking.
More information can be found on the Campus Safety and Title IX page.

The CARE team provides early assessment and referral when a student’s behavior is flagged as concerning, risky, or potentially harmful to self, others, or the community.
More information can be found on the Dean of Students page.

Contact Us

Douglas Patrick
Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Student Affairs
(319) 208-5049